Home » Senior Java developer
Looking for a challenging job?
As Senior Java developer at Cloudwise you are responsible for the maintenance and development of our COOL portal. You work mainly on the back-end, on new projects and improvements of our existing products. Everything that we develop runs on the Google Cloud Platform (GCP). In this role you get a lot of freedom to execute your job according to your own insight. Besides that you work together in a team with 10 studious developers.
What you going to do?
● Building new functionalities, mainly in the back-end.
● Improvement of our technology which is used by over 1000 schools in The Netherlands.
● Integrating our applications with online services of other suppliers.
● Writing unit tests and integration tests to guarantee the quality.
● Reviewing pull requests of your colleague developers.
● Proposing new ideas to improve the development process (back-end and front-end).
The techniques we use
● The current back-end is written with Java 8.
● Our front-end is written in AngularJS and communicates with the server via REST.
● The applications run on the Google App Engine in the Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
● Data is stored in the Google Datastore through Objectify.
● You are using the Google API’s for the integration of G Suite for Education (in the past Google Apps).
● The SSO integration with Basispoort and Kennisnet works via SAML.
● To streamline the projects you work with SCRUM sprints.
● For the rest you’ll be using Jenkins, Git/BitBucket, Jira, Confluence, Gradle, Artifactory, IntelliJ.
This is you!● You are punctual, flexible and eager to learn new things.
● You have a Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science or a similar study.
● You have at least 3 years of experience in software development.
● You are an expert in Java techniques.
● You like to work together with colleagues to build reliable and trustworthy software.
● You understand what the users want and how they work with the technology.
● Knowledge about the Google Cloud Platform is a plus.
● You are capable of sharing knowledge with others and furthermore you are punctual, flexible, and eager to learn new things.
● You speak fluent English. It is a big plus if you speak Dutch or willing to learn it.
And this is Cloudwise
We are a fast growing company in Woerden. We are proud on how we solve complicate technical problems with simple solutions. All with the goal to let schools work in the cloud without facing any problem. We want to show the possibilities with IT to teachers and students, because IT is cool! Our focus: making customers happy even if we have to go the extra mile.
The team you would be working in exists of 10 young and friendly colleagues. The work environment is informal. Colleagues like to share knowledge with each other. In between work activities there is time for table football, having lunch all together, Friday-afternoon-drinks and playing games on the Switch.
Employees at Cloudwise give a 8.7 for work atmosphere and even a 9 for being proud of what they are doing.
What we offer
● A salary that will match your experience and knowledge.
● Travel and internet allowance.
● 25 holidays so you have enough spare time.
● A nice team to make fun with in between the more serious stuff.
● The chance to try out new techniques.
● We appreciate the input of new ideas! We implement good ideas without following complicated procedures.
● The chance to follow extra courses dependent on your and our needs.
● Attending interesting seminars, exhibitions and workshops within your area of expertise.
● Discount on Chromebooks and other hardware that we sell in our webshop.
● A lot of freedom and authority to perform the job.
● A cool office in Woerden. Close to highway and train station.
● Delicious lunches with your colleagues.
● Profit sharing at the end of the year! With the option to get this paid in the form of Cloudwise Shares, and Tadaaaa you are co-owner of Cloudwise!
Get in touch!Is this job something for you? Apply by clicking the button below. For more information or questions please contact our talent acquisition expert Mariëlle Plasmeijer, via 085-2736124 or firstname.lastname@example.org
No agencies please!